In all the activity around the Build Back Better Budget Reconciliation Bill on Capital Hill, we wanted to make a strong statement for homeownership. National Housing Resource Center organized a letter signed by 152 national, local, and regional organizations who are all in full support. The housing market needs substantial investment to help increase the supply of affordable housing, improve access to homeownership, and address the troubling homeownership gap for Black and Brown people.
Addressed to members of Congress, the Senate, and Legislative Directors, this letter emphasizes the importance of homeownership for the economy and urges them all to support full funding for homeownership in the Build Back Better Budget Reconciliation Bill.
To read this letter and to see the local groups that signed please click this link.
Here are the national groups who signed:
- Affordable Homeownership Foundation, Inc.
- Americans for Financial Reform
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Consumer Action
- Consumer Credit and Budget Counseling, Inc. d/b/a National Foundation for Debt Management
- Center for Community Progress
- Center for Responsible Lending
- CENTRO DE APOYO FAMILIAR, CAF
- Consumer Federation of America
- Homeownership Council of America
- Integrated Community Solutions, Inc.
- National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals – NAHREP
- National Association of Latino Community Assets Builders
- National Association of Real Estate Brokers – NAREB
- National Association of Realtors
- National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development – CAPACD
- National Community Stabilization Trust
- National Consumer Law Center (on behalf of its low-income clients)
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- National Housing Law Project
- National Housing Resource Center
- National NeighborWorks Association
- Navicore Solutions
- NID Housing Counseling Agency
- Prosperity Now
- Reinvestment Partners
- Rural Community Assistance Corporation
- Woodstock Institute