Membership in the National Housing Resource Center (NHRC) includes many tangible benefits such as office supplies, technology, and fundraising tools.
Help Us Advance the Housing Counseling Profession
Members’ of the NHRC become directly involved in shaping important issues, which help to strengthen the housing counseling community as well advance the profession of housing counseling.
NHRC Membership is open to nonprofit housing counseling agencies, housing networks, and HUD housing counseling intermediaries.
What are some of the issues the Center is working on?
- Increased funding for housing counseling
- Integration of housing counseling in the homebuying process
- Improving the reputation of the housing counseling community
- Reforming credit, servicing standards, and foreclosure policies
- Expanded voice for counseling at the CFPB, HUD, Treasury, FHFA, and the White House.
- Engagement on key issues, like student debt, language access, increased homeownership
- Discounts and resources for housing counseling agencies
Suggested Annual Contributions
Organizations with housing counseling budgets above $2 million contribution: $5,000
Organizations with housing counseling budgets between $500,000 and $2 million contribution: $2,500
Organizations with housing counseling budgets between $250,000 and $499,999 contribution: $500
Organizations with housing counseling budgets below $250,000 contribution: $250